Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Production Meeting


Steph and I were invited to the Production Meeting this morning to explore some of the particulars about staging/costuming, rehearsal schedules etc.  I'm not sure there were any set-in-stone decisions made, but it was good to have all the powers-that-be (actor, stage manager, director, writers, artistic director, costume designer, set designer -- and most people were wearing multiple hats) in the same room talking about the same thing.  And that thing was our play. It's exciting to hear people planning how they're going to take this idea we came up with in our heads and make it happen... in real time, with real people and real props... in front of a real audience. 

I tried to be more cognizant of staging with this play, so hopefully that will pay off for everyone involved.  (Ask the costume and set designers after the play is over.)  I do feel like I was an asset at the meeting, though I'm guessing the biggest contribution I made was changing a poopy diaper. 

Then, after a while, the Parkway Playhouse staff was done with us, because there's still another play to open before ours.

Yep.  That's right.  We get to follow the greatest playwright of all time.  Awesome.  It's a good thing we're fans of irony and juxtoposition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment