Monday, August 27, 2012

First Rehearsal

So, I dropped in on the first rehearsal yesterday to bring the cast and crew food for their lunch break.  (Last year, when I did this for the cast of An Uncivil Union I brought them a food based on the script:  corn bread and rabbit stew.  I even gave Ryan Robertson, the male lead in AUU, a bacon bouquet on opening night -- because the men in the play steal 500 lbs of bacon.)  So, maybe there was some concern when I said I'd show up with food... but hopefully they were happy with humus & pita, dehydrated green beans, potato chips and ribs.  You'll understand once you see the play.

I got to see the cast rehearse the last two minutes before half-time.  (Yes, Steph & I are encouraging the use of "half-time" instead of "intermission.")  I wanted to stay for more because it's so exciting... but I had kids in the car and when I finally rejoined them I was bombarded with, "Where were you?"  They'd even sent one of their numbers out to scout for me.

Anyway... it's very exciting.  Very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment