Thursday, November 3, 2011

Procrastination x 1000

Britt Kaufmann thinks she is a procrastinator? Well, she has never met anyone on the face of the planet who can procrastinate quite like I can! I am a master. If anyone needs a lesson on how to fine-tune this art, just let me know. I might not get back to you right away because of, you know, the procrastination, but eventually, at the last possible minute before whatever said deadline we are working under, I will get the job done in a terrific manner!

Just right now, I am procrastinating on not only one project, but several - some of which I have actually tried to finish, only to be tempted away by some shiny distraction, like rearranging my closet for winter or snuggling a beagle or both. I also have not yet taken down the Halloween decorations and replaced them with Thanksgiving ones, have not filled empty picture frames hung on the wall from last weekend, have not read the manual for a videocamera I received in August, have not finished a letter I wanted to send to a friend several months ago, have not mailed a wedding card for a ceremony held last month, and have not scrapbooked any trips taken in the last 5 or so years.

Britt got over her so-called procrastination in just about a day or so. That is fantastic. For her. I hope that by the middle of next week, I will have accomplished a pittance of what I should have accomplished in the past month. This will be considered a success in my book.

We all will have to later evaluate what Britt thinks about my progress. You can bet I will wait until...just the last second before I ask her opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment