Friday, December 9, 2011

Let me emphasize the stress

Sports watching can be a stressful way to relax.  Instead of a Thursday night treat of watching your team rumble over a weaker opponent, it can cause what will be a week and a half of "update checking" and worry.  When you watch your QB go down and limp on the field, a stone the heft of Pouncey settles on your chest and your shoulders melt.  You repeat yourself,  "This is not good.  This is not good."  And even a win, while satisfying, still doesn't feel like a win.  From your couch, you do things like vow to the Browns you will not forget this.  Ever.

On the writing front, this is all fodder.  Sick, sick fodder.
Today I went from 13 pages behind schedule to only 7 pages behind schedule.  Progress.  And, finally, after much patience with the characters, I got to write the line "that's what she said."  I knew those guys would get around to it at some point.

* I suppose I should add an apology to Steph, who was probably again sickened by my inclusion of the Rothelisburger injury video.

No comments:

Post a Comment