Friday, December 16, 2011

Done

By no means am I done, really.  I'm just done with the crappy first draft.  It is out of my head, now, though.  Saved on my computer.  Saved on a thumb drive.  Now I need to print it out in its entirety for Steph.

I haven't even read the whole thing start to finish.  And right now, I don't even want to.  I just want to bask in the accomplishment of writing

THE END

on page 104.

Soon enough will come reading Steph's comments and the refining... where I thwak myself on the forehead and say "How could I have forgotten to put that in?"  Or come to the sobering realization that this play is only funny to me.  And then I'll have to steel myself for a reading, which always sends my insides through a pasta machine.  But today, I am done.  Heave a huge sigh.  Kick back. 

Now, I can finally let myself read again.  Which book shall I choose...

No comments:

Post a Comment