Thursday, December 15, 2011

Deadlines

One of the reasons I got involved with writing for the Parkway Playhouse is to give me deadlines.  Real deadlines, as in ones that I put other things off for... And well, this holiday season I've done it.  The are costumes for Sunday's Church Christmas Pageant still un-sewn.  A few presents yet to be purchased.  A county vehicle tax unpaid.  I think the milk has been left out since breakfast.  The house is in a constant state of shambles.  I even forgot to call the phone company today about the mice in the walls that have chewed through our phone line... I can still get online.  (I moved the modem.)  But we have no phone.  Which has led to things like missed dental appointments.  Oops.

But I am here to tell you:  I only have one scene left to write.

Of course, then will come the revising.  But you've got to get the thing done before you can polish.

One.
More.
Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment